The ACFO provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility for a multi-hospital system.
· Administers the general accounting, and patient business services, including third-party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
· Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management, and medical records functions.
· Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
· Assists the CFO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, and cost-benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
· Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospital's long and short-range plans and objectives.
· Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
· Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
· Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
· Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
· Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
· Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
· Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports, and operating procedures.
Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis of all financial data associated with reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports and public disclosure reports and third-party payor cost reports.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education, and Special Certifications…)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and verbal, interpersonal, and quantitative skills normally acquired through completion of this degree are required.
· CPA or Master's Degree strongly preferred.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a for-profit acute-care hospital is required.
· Must be a strong, hands-on, and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team player.
· Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
· Dental, Medical, Vision & Life Insurance
· Retirement Plan
· Paid time off
· Relocation package available