Our client is looking for an experienced truck driver to serve the supply chain logistics department safely and
• Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution
• Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
• Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
• Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process.
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods)
as well as with company policies and procedures.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
• Collect and verify delivery instructions.
• Report defects, accidents, or violations.
• Proven work experience as a truck driver.
• Hands-on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB, etc).
• Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
• No recent moving or driving violations.
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, etc).
• Valid truck driving license.
• 401(k) matching.
• Dental insurance.
• Health insurance.
• Paid time off.
• Vision insurance.
• Yearly bonus.
• Home daily.
• Monday to Friday.
• Overtime and weekend availability.
• Local and Short-haul.
• Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work.
• Experience in driving (1 year preferred).
• CDL B.