Our client is seeking a Registered Nurse who works collaboratively as a patient care team member to provide consistent, high-quality, evidence-based care to patients within the health center. The RN is accountable to perform by the standards set by the American Nurses Association, the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing, and the health center’s policies and procedures.
The salary will depend on the experience.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Nurse is responsible for overseeing all aspects of vaccines and vaccination. These include but are not limited to:
- Manages the vaccine supply and programs in all departments including VFC, Influenza, COVID-19, and non-VFC vaccine supply.
- Orders vaccines through manufacturers with the assistance of the Procurement Specialist.
- Oversees proper receipt and storage of all vaccine deliveries.
- Performs a physical inventory of all vaccines and processes and documents all vaccine inventory information as needed.
- Oversees temperature logging for all vaccine storage units and addresses temperature issues promptly.
- Maintains documentation for vaccines (inventory, temperature logs, etc.) as necessary.
- Organizes vaccine-related training and ensures staff completion of training and competency with the assistance of the ADON.
- Ensures all staff is trained on routine and emergency vaccine management procedures.
- Reviews and updates the Vaccine Management Plan as needed.
- Conducts audits to ensure proper policy and procedure are followed for vaccine mixing/drawing, administration, and storage.
- Supervises vaccine nurses and administers vaccines as needed.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families within the health center. The RN performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care activities. These include but are not limited to:
- Direct the practice of medical assistants and LPNs.
- Review and communicate test results per-protocol (ex. Critical labs and abnormal imaging).
- Accurate, complete, and timely documentation in the electronic health record.
- Perform patient triage.
- Provide patient education.
- Administer medication, immunizations, and treatments as ordered.
- Performs charge nurse responsibilities.
- Assist with management of urgent and emergent patient care situations.
- Assists with or performs procedures.
- Manages communication from internal and external sources.
- Attends nursing and organizational staff meetings.
- Provides safe, ethical, evidence-based, and culturally competent care.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
2 years of experience in Adult and/or Pediatric acute care medical/surgical settings.
2 years of experience as a nurse and experience with vaccination are preferred.
Minimum of one year of Ambulatory Care experience.
Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Certification/Licensure: Valid RN license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Current CPR certification.
Software/Hardware: Must be proficient and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.). Experience with EPIC is preferred.