Reporting to the Nurse Manager and under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, the Medical Assistant performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care activities for pediatric, adolescent, and adult patients. These include routine patient care activities, preparatory functions for patients and providers, and other routine and/or related duties that medical assistants are trained and certified to perform as indicated on the performance evaluation section of this document.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
▪ Prepares examination rooms
▪ Reviews medical records for completion prior to clinical sessions
▪ Maintains medical record in compliance with standards
▪ Briefly interviews all patients for nature of the visit
▪ Documents patient’s reason for the visit
▪ Obtains all appropriate information
- Vital signs
▪ Performs procedures or exams accurately
- Eye Exams
- Hearing Tests
- Obtains specimens per protocol
- Performs routine laboratory tests per protocol
▪ Documents results of all performed exams & tests in medical record
▪ Assists provider staff during examinations and procedures
▪ Ensures that all lab requisitions are accurately and filled out
▪ Cleans & sterilizes instruments & equipment per Infection Control Manual
▪ Cleans & maintains utility & supply areas
▪ Maintains an inventory of supplies
▪ Uses par level when counting supplies; submits new orders to Nurse Manager
▪ Receive supplies & communicates discrepancies to Nurse Manager
▪ Stores & rotates supplies per Infection Control Manual
▪ Ensures that clinical area is adequately stocked
▪ Always maintains patient confidentiality
▪ Follows the chain of command for conflict resolution
▪ Demonstrates ability to work as a team member; participates in orienting peers
▪ Follows through on work assignments
▪ Adheres to policy for time requests
▪ Is punctual & consistent with attendance
▪ Always maintains professional conduct & appearance
▪ Attends nursing & organizational staff meetings
▪ Participates in quality improvement initiatives
▪ Manages information effectively, utilizing MIS & QI principles as appropriate
▪ Monitors patient satisfaction and responds accordingly
▪ Identifies educational needs & participates in program offerings
High School diploma or equivalent
▪ Minimum of 6 months to 1-year post-training preferred.
▪ Knowledge of patient care clinic, office, and clerical support procedures.
▪ Ability to work within a team framework.
▪ Bilingual preferred
▪ Highly motivated and detail-oriented with strong customer service, organizational, systems and analytical skills.
▪ Excellent verbal, written communication/presentations skills, and systems applications skills
Certification from an approved medical assistant program. Current BLS certification.
Must be proficient and have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)